Responsible for the content
This website uses a cookie to set / determine the selected language – this is essential for further page views and will serve you the correct language version and thus allow for a consistent navigation. Besides the language identifier (string ‘en’ or ‘de’) there is no other data collected and/or processed in this context.
Additionally your choice regarding the gathering of analytics data (see below) is stored as a cookie.
Purpose of data processing
This website is making use of Matomo, an Open Source, self-hosted software for collecting anonymous usage statistics for this website. You have to explicitely give consent (‘opt-in’) to the data collection, otherwise there will be no tracking / analysis performed by Matomo regarding your visit on this site.
The data is used to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls like not found pages, search engine indexing issues and to find out which contents are most appreciated. Once the data (number of visitors reaching a not found pages, viewing only one page…) is processed, Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing fresh content… etc.
Additionally this website provides a contact form which allows you to send us a direct request and allows us in turn to answer directly to your E-Mail address.
Direct data collection
Matomo is processing the following data:
- Anonymized IP-address by removing the last 2 bytes (e.g. 126.96.36.199 instead of 198.51.100.54)
- Pseudo-anonymized location of the user (generated from the anonymized IP-address)
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (if the page allows it)
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Country, region, city (low resolution based on IP-address
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
- Interactions with forms (but not the content)
In addition the contact form processes the E-Mail-Address and optionally the phone number of the user on sending a request. The data won’t be shared with anyone and is only used to send you a direct response to your inquiry.
Indirect data collection
If you are using this site, the visit is logged by the host of the website’s server. This log contains your IP-address which allows you to be identified indirectly via your internet service provider. The collection of this data is a legal obligation and required for security. You cannot oppose it and the data is at no time used for other purposes.
The legitimate interests
The processing of personal data is based on legitimate interests.
Processing your personal data such as cookies is helping us identify what is working and what is not on our website. For example, it helps us identify if the way we are communicating is engaging or not and how we can organize the structure of the website better. Our team is benefiting from the processing of your personal data, and they are directly acting on the website. By processing your personal data, you can profit from a website which is getting better and better. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website and help you find the information you are looking for.
The contact form helps us to directly contact you once for sending an offer.
Your personal data is sent to:
- E-VANCE / Henning Orth (host and maintainer of this website)
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
This website’s data and the data collected by Matomo is hosted in Germany. The email delivery is relayed inside the EU. No data leaves the EU.
Data subject’s rights
You can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access and data portability: you can ask us at any time to access your data.
- Right to erasure and rectification: you can ask us at any time to delete all the data we are processing about you.
- Right to object and restrict processing via Matomo
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you think that the way we process your personal data is infringing the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.